- The Monktail Creative Music Concern and Third Eye Cinema, Improvised Music & Experimental Film, Seattle, WA: Space, the air, the river, the leaf
- Seattle Art Museum, Seattle As Collector: Seattle Office of Arts & Cultural Affairs Turns 40, Seattle, WA: Space, the air, the river, the leaf
- Anthology Film Archives, Clear Cut: Experiments from the Emerald City, New York, NY: Space, the air, the river, the leaf
- Jack Straw Productions, Psyche, the web opera, Seattle, WA: Famine, Idle Fields, Empty Temples, See Our Need
- The Fisher Ensemble, Psyche, the web opera, www.fisherensemble.org: Famine, Idle Fields, Empty Temples, See Our Need
- Artists’ Television Access (ATA), Odds and Ends, San Francisco, CA: Elsewhere
- Move #15, School of the Arts, Tacoma, WA: Space, the air, the river, the leaf
- Hartford International Film Festival 09, Hartford, CT: Blue Sky
- Olympia Film Festival, Olympia, WA: Space, the air, the river, the leaf
- Vermillion Gallery, Seattle, WA: Elsewhere
- Fremont Outdoor Cinema, Seattle, WA: Space, the air, the river, the leaf
- Northwest Film Forum, Water Calling / SPU Short Films, Seattle, WA: Space, the air, the river, the leaf
- Sounds Outside 2009 Benefit / Northwest Film Forum, Seattle, WA: Elsewhere
- Central Cinema, Water Calling / SPU Short Films, Seattle, WA: Space, the air, the river, the leaf
- UWM Peck School of the Arts, Milwaukee, WI: Blue Sky
- Les Rencontres Internationales Paris/Berlin/Madrid: Phantom
- Onion City Experimental Film and Video Festival, Chicago, IL: Phantom
- International Film Festival Rotterdam, The Netherlands: Phantom
- Wexner Center for the Arts, Columbus, OH: Phantom
- Ann Arbor Film Festival, Ann Arbor, MI: Phantom
- Light Industry, Brooklyn, NY: Phantom
- PDX Film Festival, Portland, OR: Phantom
- Tocka, Republic of Macedonia: Elsewhere
- Local Sightings Film Festival, Seattle WA: Phantom
- New York Film Festival, Views From the Avant Garde, NYC: Phantom
- Les Rencontres Internationales, Paris/Berlin/Madrid: Elsewhere
- Magic Lantern Cinema: The Disappearance Show, Providence, RI: Elsewhere
- Ann Arbor Film Festival, Ann Arbor, MI: Elsewhere
- International Film Festival Rotterdam, The Netherlands: Elsewhere
- Studio 27 Presents Abrasions: Architecture and Accident, San Francisco, CA: Elsewhere
- Hartford International Film Festival, Hartford, CT: Home, Elsewhere
- TIE, Denver, CO: Elsewhere
- Local Sightings Film Festival, Seattle, WA: Elsewhere
- Antimatter Underground Film Festival, Victoria, BC, Canada: Elsewhere
- Chicago Underground Film Festival, Chicago, IL: Elsewhere
- Onion City Experimental Film & Video Festival, Chicago, IL: Elsewhere
- European Media Art Festival, Osnabrück, Germany: Elsewhere
- Portland Documentary & Experimental Film Festival, Portland, OR: Elsewhere
- Media City International Festival of Experimental Film & Video Art, Windsor, Canada: Elsewhere
- New York Film Festival, Views From the Avant Garde, NYC: Elsewhere
- Onion City Experimental Film & Video Festival, Chicago, IL: Memories of Green
- The Robert Beck Memorial Cinema, Travelogues & Timemachines, NYC: Athens
- "Film Direct" Touring Program, Suspended Moments, Bern, Zurich, Basel, Warth, Frankfurt, Berlin: Athens
- The Museum of Modern Art, Big As Life: Emerging Voices: New Filmmakers of Regular and Super-8, NYC: Athens
- The School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Nomads and Homesteaders Conference, Chicago, IL: Athens
- Massachusetts College of Art, New Super 8 New York, Boston, MA: Athens
- Telluride International Exposition of Experimental Film, Emerald Reels, Denver, CO: Athens
- Film Society at Lincoln Center / Walter Reade Theater, New Super-8 New York, NYC: Athens
- Time and Space Limited, Annandale-in-Hudson, Hudson, NY: Home
- Bard College, Annandale, NY: Home
- The Robert Beck Memorial Cinema, Home Movies, NYC: Home
- HERE Theater, The American Living Room, NYC: Home
- Independent Film Maker.
Written, produced, photographed, directed and edited documentary, short narrative, commercial and experimental films.
Titles include: Home, Athens, Elsewhere, Blue Sky and Space, the Air, the River, the Leaf.
Films have been exhibited at internationally recognized museums and film festivals including MoMA, the New York Film Festival, the European Media Art Festival, the Portland Documentary and Experimental Film Festival, the Chicago Underground Film Festival as well as venues in Germany and Switzerland.
- Visual Arts Instructor, School of the Arts, Tacoma, Washington.
Taught classes for grade levels 10 – 12 including: introductory, intermediate and advanced level video production, animation, directing, scriptwriting, and design, in addition to student mentoring, department budgeting, enrollment services, and fundraising activities.
August 2007 Present.
- Film & Video Curator, Third Eye Cinema, Northwest Film Forum. Seattle, WA.
Responsible for the programming and promotion of film, video and new media, artist visits, and public lectures, featured as part Third Eye Cinema, a monthly showcase for local and international experimental media work, screened at the Northwest Film Forum.
August 2006 Present.
- Adjunct Instructor, Film Department, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Milwaukee, WI.
Provided lectures in the history and theory of film and digital media and regularly assessed student performance in technical, writing and analytical skills.
Instructed undergraduate classes in all levels of film and digital video production techniques.
Courses included Film Narrative Studio, Framing Spaces: Architecture and Filmmaking, and Works in Progress.
August 2001 June 2006.
- Cinema Program Manager, UWM Union Theatre. Milwaukee, WI.
Responsible for the management of a 325 seat, 35mm motion picture and digital video exhibition space, including the supervision of all cinema programming, staff training, scheduling, marketing, media relations and shipping of in and out-going materials.
August 2002 January 2006.
- Photography Coordinator, The Andy Warhol Film Project, Whitney Museum of American Art. New York, NY.
Produced still frame-enlargements from archival film originals and oversaw quality-control of images included in the recent publication of Andy Warhol Screen Tests : The Films of Andy Warhol Catalogue Raisonné, Volume One (published April 06 by Harry N. Abrams, Inc.).
November 1999 July 2001.
- Projectionist, Anthology Film Archives. New York, NY.
Projected 35mm, 16mm, 8mm and a variety of video and digital formats for public screenings.
September 1998 June 2001.
- Editor, Getty Images / Film (formerly The Image Bank). New York, NY.
Selected and creatively compiled content from a variety of new and archival sources for addition into the permanent collection.
November 1997 November 1999.
Additional Production Experience
- 2011 Northwest New Works Festival trailer (2011, Prod/Dir: Sean Ryan), Cinematographer & Editor
- In the Invisible Lies the Power (2007, Prod: M. Orefice, Dir: Ingrid Wisswaeser), Editor
- Seattle Polish Film Festival PSAs (2007, Prod: M. Orefice, Dir: Michal Pietrzyk), Cinematographer & Editor
- Human Heart Explodes (2006, Prod: M. Orefice, Dir: Helder Mira), Consulting Producer
- Writer's Block (2006, Prod/Dir: Adam Sekular), First Assistant Camera
- Soft (2006, Prod/Dir: Scott Foley), First Assistant Camera
- The Hunting of Wayne (2005, Prod/Dir: Matthew Newman), First Assistant Camera
- Prince Ali (2003, Prod/Dir: Elizabeth Dunneback), Assistant
- A Pressing (2002, Prod/Dir: Tom Booth), Actor
- i, of k (Imitation of Kiss) (2000, Prod: Ocularis), Director of Photography
- Nocturne (1998, Prod/Dir: Peggy Ahwesh), Director of Photography, 2nd Unit
- the vision machine (1997, Prod/Dir: Peggy Ahwesh), Assistant Editor
- Devil's Hopyard (1997, Prod/Dir: Helder Mira), Assistant
- Camera proficiency
16mm Bolex, Arri S, Arri SR, Éclair ACL II, and CP 16 synch sound; Canon EOS 7D, Canon EOS T2i, Canon XL-2, Canon Vixia HF 200, Panasonic AG-HVX200, Panasonic AG-DVX100B and other models.
Sound recording skills: RE, PZM, ECM, Rode, AKG, Audio Technica, and Sennheiser microphones, using Marantz PMD660, Zoom H4n 4-Track Compact Flash, and DAT recorders.
Experience using DP lighting gears.
- Software Proficiency
Final Cut Pro Studio, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Adobe Illustrator CS5, Adobe After Effects CS5, Flash CS5, 3D Studio Max 2009, Logic, Pro Tools, Audacity, using Mac OS X Snow Leopard, and Windows 7 platforms.
- Audio-Visual Presentation and Projection Experience
IMAX, 35mm, 16mm, 8mm, and digital video
- 2008 Public Art Commission, "Water Calling," City of Seattle Office of Arts & Cultural Affairs and Seattle Public Utilities
- 2005 Union Director Award
- 1997 Maya Deren Award
- M.F.A. in Film, Video and Digital Media, 2005 University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI.
- B.A. in Film & Video, 1997 Bard College, Annandale-on-Hudson, NY.